2017 New Year’s Resolution Walking Challenge
The 2017 New Year’s Walking Challenge has ended! Thank you to everyone who participated – your photos and stories have been inspiring. Click below to view the full list of participants who completed the Challenge.
To show our support for those who want to stay fit on the trails this season, we are offering a free Houston Arboretum individual membership to anyone who walks our trails once a week for an entire month. As part of the challenge, each week we will email and post on Facebook a new location within the Arboretum’s grounds for you to visit and take a picture. Post your weekly picture on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter (make sure to tag us) and we will know you went there!
Here is how it works:
1. Check your email for the weekly location. We will also post the location on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The location will be posted on four consecutive Friday afternoons (see schedule below).
2. Show up at the Arboretum once a week for each of the four weeks, walk the trails, enjoy the outdoors, and look for the weekly location.
3. Once you find the location, take a photo.
4. Post your photo on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter – make sure to tag us and use both of our hashtags: #ArboretumWalkingChallenge #HoustonArboretum (click here to see how to tag us on each platform. Please note that for Facebook you have to go to our page and share a photo on our wall for it to count).
5. Get your FREE membership in the mail at the end of February
Please note: Registration for the 2017 New Year’s Walking Challenge is now closed.
We will post the location on the following dates:
January 13th, 20th, 27th, and February 3rd. All photos must be uploaded by February 9th.
The Arboretum must be tagged in all of your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter photos otherwise we will not know you completed the challenge. If you do not use social media, you can email your photos every week to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to find us on Social Media:
You can also search for Houston Arboretum in the search bar of each social media platform.
*Please note: only individual memberships will be provided. Upgrades are available by paying the difference. Please call 713.681.8433 to upgrade. You must be 18 or older to participate in the challenge. We will send you weekly emails with reminders to hit the trails. At the end of the month, we will send one final email confirming your membership before we mail it to you.