Written by Kelsey Low
Reducing, reusing, and recycling are some of the most important things we can do to help the earth, but they can also be really fun! Instead of buying a new single-use water bottle, make yourself a cute and durable holder so you can reuse an old one. Instead of adding an old can or t-shirt to the landfill, recycle them into fabulous musical instruments or useful tote bags.
- Make a no-sew water bottle holder
- Create a tote bag using an old t-shirt
- Build musical instruments with recycled materials
- Make “shrinky art” out of #6 plastic
- Weave a coiled basket out of plastic bags
This week we challenge you to produce at least one cool, artistic item using recycled materials. Every time you look at your wonderful creation, you’ll remember how important it is to recycle, reduce, and reuse. Post photos of what you make and tag us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter!